格里菲斯留学生论坛

找回密码
 立即注册
澳大利亚租房、找工作信息格里菲斯大学校内交易市场格里菲斯大学论坛格里菲斯大学论坛
发布信息布里斯班房屋出租 | 住宿发布信息布里斯班工作机会 | 招聘发布信息布里斯班二手市场 | 交易发布信息布里斯班个人广告 | 服务
恶意灌水,重复发帖,学分将被清空!那些帖子属于刷分贴会被扣分 ?新问题开新帖提问,标题中描述关键问题格里菲斯大学中国留学生论坛版主招募

IF YOU Know more YOU CAN do more

16:42| 发布者: 小编| 查看: 39082| 评论: 0|来自: Griffith Alumni And Community Magazine

摘要: GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY ISon a mission to educate students about the value of knowledge. And it has signed up its top researchers and science advocatecomedian Lawrence Leung to help spread its message. I ...

GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY IS on a mission to educate students about the value of knowledge. And it has signed up its top researchers and science advocatecomedian Lawrence Leung to help spread its message.

Its 'Know More. Do More'. campaign for television, social media and the web was launched at the University's Open Day on Sunday August 14 by Vice Chancellor Professor Ian O'Connor.

Professor O'Connor said Griffith had been rated a Top 10 Australian research university* and needed to convey what that means for its 43,000 stydebts abd 120,000 gradyates wirkdwude.

"Research is the way we advance the body of knowledge--on a personal or collective level." he said. "Knowledge is everything. It gives you a head start and stays with you-- weather you want to save the world or just get a job," Professor O'Connor said.

He said the University had asked some of its most distinguished researchers to be interviewed by Leung." I'm delighted to say they signed up unreservedly."

Television spots featuring high-profile malaria researcher Professor Michael Good, leading criminologist Professor Paul Mazerolle and geneticist Professor Lyn Griffiths aired from Sunday August 14 on Brisbane and Gold Coast stations.

The spots-produced by Brisbane agency Junior-were shot on a red couch incongruously perched in real research field locations such as Vanuatu and Norfolk Island and in one case, symbolically, in Brisbane's  infamous and now defunct Boggo Road jail.

Other media such as a dedicated website, light projections and student videos-filmed on red couches-will reach audiences in locations around its fice campuses and internationally.

Leung, currently performing his live stand-up show to sell-out audiences in London's West End, said he was delighted to be part of it. "As a psychology graduate and documentary maker, science and knowledge is what I am passionate about. By joining this campaign, I hope to encourage the future minds of research so one day at least one of them can build me a jetpack," Leung said.

Professor O'Connor said the main message was you will know more, be better educated and be in a position to do more with your life if you study at an innovative research university like Giffith.

Griffith External Relations director Meredith Jackson said the campaign had taken on the promotion of knowledge and learning per se:"Griffith is of course saying' study with us', but more than that, we are saying 'get the right sort of educcation'-so it's part advertising, part information."

Lawrence Leung's second television series, Lawrence Leung's Unbelievable, aired recently on ABC television.

*Analysis of the Excellent in Research for Australia National Report 2010.

鲜花

握手

雷人

路过

鸡蛋

最新评论

论坛资讯推荐GriffithBBS
小编澳大利亚格里菲斯大学微信群二维码(G
应部分同学的要求,我们设立了微信群(其实QQ群也是一样的,但是很多同学对微信群
Wilbertsexma{
êì êí—ì í–ììí¤” ìì 10ê° ì ììí ìí”íì¨ì– ìêì—…ì
Wilbertsexma{